Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Mathews Family Reunion

As always, our trip to Utah was filled with lots of wonderful family time. The Mathews have an annual picnic up Blacksmith Fork Canyon in Cache Valley on July 24th - Pioneer Day. I think this is actually the first time that I ever went. It's fun seeing relatives once a year and catching up on their lives. I love being a part of this family and the heritage it possesses.
Surprisingly, this year, no one got hurt and everyone got along. Sweet! We spent a day at Bear Lake and rented a boat. The kids had a blast. I was just enjoying the fact that we could be outside in the summertime and not melt. The cool 90 degrees was heavenly! However, the long drive home in the pick-up was not my favorite. I think we'll fly next time. But the
traditional stop at Vosens German Bakery in SLC and the yummy buffalo burgers at Big Al's in Kenab made it all worth it.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Cute blog! I liked your pictures, glad you had fun! :)