Sunday, July 5, 2009

We Believe...

Youth Conference this year was fabulous. I was so thrilled that Sister Shumway asked me to go with her to be a chaperone. It was so much fun. I love the youth in our ward, and stake. I am honored to know them and associate with them. Their strength and goodness is amazing to me. How is that possible when they are surrounded daily by "filth and smut" as President Hinckley used to say. They are definitely a chosen generation. I am proud of them for maintaing such high standards and being an example to the world. The testimony meeting was the highlight for me. Hearing these sweet spirits share their testimony of the gospel was every leaders reward for their hard work and dedication to the youth programs in the church. I had a great time and loved every minute spent with the girls in our ward. Luckily the six girls in our room were well behaved and didn't snore! But I still didn't get ANY sleep! Sunday morning was a little rough. But I would do it again in a heartbeat. A marked generation in deed.





1 comment:

Pam said...

It really is inspiring to be around that much positive energy and to get a glimpse of the potential these young people have.