Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Change is good!

This year has been full of trials, tests of faith, tragedy, one disappointment after another, and we are basically ready for it to be over. About a month ago we were discussing how stressful and trying this year has been for our family and we were ready for a change. We wanted to set some new goals and attempt to improve our outlook on life. Funny how things can turn around in an instant. The past few weeks we were feeling like something was going to happen. We couldn't quite make sense of our feelings, impressions, nightmares etc. We just new something BIG was coming our way. We were bracing ourselves for a doozy because that is how our year has been. One bad thing after another. I can't even tell you what I imagined was going to happen. And frankly, at this point, our attitude was basically, "now what?" I mean seriously, what more could possibly go wrong? Well, much to our surprise this change came our way last week and all I can say is, "Phew! Finally something positive!" We were so ready for something tragic to happen, that when the call came for Shawn to serve as the Bishop of the Singles Ward, we just let out a huge sigh of relief. "Oh, thank Heaven's! That's all?" It's amazing to me how the Lord works and prepares us for "change." As stunned as we both were when the Stake President said "Bishop," we were just so darn relieved that is wasn't a horrible disaster taking place yet again.
Since I considered this "the worse year ever" until recently, I may have to change it to "the most surprising, strengthening, challenging, unforgettable year of our marriage, so far...." Yeah for 2010!

1 comment:

Jackijo said...

I know how you feel. It's been quite a year for us, also.

I am so excited about the singles ward Bishopric, after all I have children that age and some coming up who will attend that ward.