Shawn and I got engaged 22 years ago this Valentine's Day. We were at his aunt and uncles' cabin on Whidbey Island, WA. He gave me a heart shaped box of chocolates, and in the center was the ring. All I remember is screaming. I don't even remember him actually proposing to me. Although he said he officially did ask me to marry him. So this day is special to me. Even though neither one of us are really that romantic or go all out for this holiday. We still love it because it brings back memories. And if "our" song doesn't say it all, well, then you don't know us very well. It's "I want to be sedated" by the British rock band, the Ramones.
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
I love Valentine's Day...
Shawn and I got engaged 22 years ago this Valentine's Day. We were at his aunt and uncles' cabin on Whidbey Island, WA. He gave me a heart shaped box of chocolates, and in the center was the ring. All I remember is screaming. I don't even remember him actually proposing to me. Although he said he officially did ask me to marry him. So this day is special to me. Even though neither one of us are really that romantic or go all out for this holiday. We still love it because it brings back memories. And if "our" song doesn't say it all, well, then you don't know us very well. It's "I want to be sedated" by the British rock band, the Ramones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahah you guys are so awesome. Happy Valentine's Day!!
I have to admit that I'm a bit of a grump about Valentine's Day. But your story is sweet enough that I'm fantastically happy for you. Wonderful!
Post a Comment