Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I need to vent!

In the words of Billy Joel: "Honesty, is such a lonely word... honesty is hardly ever heard, but mostly what I need from you." I fear that honesty is becoming a lost virtue. At least in my little world. HONEST: truthful, trustworthy, sincere or fair, frank and open. Why is this so difficult? Why do people feel the need to be dishonest? Why do people do stupid things that cause so many other people pain and suffering? Why are people so selfish? I don't understand. Why are people only concerned about themselves and fulfilling their desires, despite the negative effect their actions will have on others? WHY? WHY? WHY? I am so sick of it! I am tired of hearing about it. I am tired of feeling sad and disappointed in people I love and care about who are making REALLY bad choices. It's becoming far too common and I need to make it stop. Any advice? I know I sound like a naive little child. But my heart just can't take it anymore.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you. Feel free to call anytime you need to vent :)

Jackijo said...

Sorry Kathy. I know you want everyone to make good choices, but it doesn't always happen. The most you can do is worry and pray.

Amber said...

It is so hard. I find it difficult to walk the line between a naive optimism and the way I seem to become jaded when I step over to the realist side. Don't want to lose your joy over others' bad choices.